Release Date: June 28th, 2013
Sophie’s life has changed. She’s moved to New York, she’s playing music for new people, and she’s making new friends. Then there’s Myles, and the fact that he is now her boyfriend—and everyone knows it.
She’s not exactly normal, living in a half-human, half-vampire world, but she’s finally, truly happy. However, some parts of Sophie and Myles’ old lives still hide in the dark, waiting for the right opportunity to strike.
Sophie’s having nightmares again, but they aren't about her; Myles is hiding something as well, something Sophie isn’t sure she wants to know.
And one lie will change everything.
No matter how hard she tries to cover up the marks her monsters have left behind, they never truly go away, and Myles’ monsters are no different.
Once again, Sophie’s caught between life and death, but this time, only she can save herself.
Barnes & Noble
Interview with Nikki Rae
1. What does your "&" tattoo symbolize?I got the ampersand for a lot of different reasons, but the short answer is that it symbolizes how there is always an "and"--always something more. The original idea came from an Amanda Palmer song called "Ampersand", and it just grew more and more out of that.
2. What kind of tea do you drink?I love green tea. I can drink pretty much any kind of tea as long as it's strong and doesn't have sugar in it. I've been drinking a lot of mint and cinnamon tea lately.
3. What/where was the Sunshine series inspired from?I went on a vacation with my family when I was about 14 and got horrible sun poisoning. That was where the initial seed for Sophie's allergy to the sun came from, but everything else revealed itself slowly. The more I wrote, the more I knew about Sophie and her story.
4. Do you watch True Blood or did you read the books?I've read all of the Trueblood books except the last two, and I watched Trueblood up to the season that just finished up. One day, I plan on finishing them both. I'm personally team Eric all the way. ; )
5. Who is your favorite author?I have so many! My top three are: Neil Gaiman, Anne Rice, and Augusten Burroughs.
6. Now that you're almost done with school, do you plan to continue writing? What are your plans after school?Yes, of course. Writing is something I do because I have this need within me to do so. When I'm done with school, I plan on working on a few projects I haven't had time for yet, as well as maybe getting a job in editing, as it's my favorite part of the writing process and I'd love to help other writers with their stories.
7. Are there any correlations between you and Sophia?I'm sure there are parts of me in Sophie. For me, writing is a hugely personal thing, so it's only natural that some of myself bleeds into my stories and characters.
8. One of the best things about Sunshine is the cover; did you design it?I WISH! My cover designer is Regina Wamba of MaeIdesign, and she's an incredibly talented, awesome lady.
Sunshine (Sunshine #1)
by Nikki Rae
Release Date: June 28th, 2013
18 year old Sophie Jean is pretty good at acting normal. Sure, she’s not exactly happy, but happiness is nothing compared to being like everyone else. She can pretend she’s not allergic to the sun. She can hide what her ex-boyfriend did to her. She can cover up the scars she’s made for herself. Ignore anything. Forget anything. Then Myles enters her life, and he has more than a few secrets of his own. When accident after accident keeps happening to Sophie, she can’t help noticing that he’s everywhere. That he knows too much. That she’s remembering too much.
It’s one thing covering up her own dark past, but does she really need to worry about people finding out just how much Myles likes her? Or that despite how much she doesn’t want to repeat past mistakes, she kind of likes him back? Not to mention the fact that she now has to conceal that Myles drinks blood-that he says he’s about four hundred years old.
She almost forgot about that part.
But Sophie has no plans to ruin the normal life she has created for herself. She can deal with this little glitch, no problem. Even if word has gotten around to the wrong vampire about Sophie and Myles, even if she’s putting the few people she loves at risk. Suddenly, those who were monsters before are just people, and the monsters? They’re real. Now being a normal human being is the least of her problems. Now she has to stay alive.
Barnes & Noble
About the author: NIKKI RAE
a Rafflecopter giveaway